Advices for laying the parquet floor
Parquet floor structure
- Concrete slab;
- Plywood glue;
- Parquet glue;
- Parquet varnish;
|Pic. 1: Parquet floor structure (30 kB)|
Parquet floor laying rules
If you want that your parquet is a decoration for your house, serves for a long time and is of the highest quality, you will have to stick to the following rules of laying the parquet floor:
- The temperature must be 18-23°C, relative humidity of the air — 45%-60%, absolute humidity of the walls and floor — no more than 6%.
- The buckle shouldn’t have the cracks, emptiness, it doesn’t have to flake off the foundation, and there mustn’t be burls.
- Nonflatness of the buckle has to be on the basis of 2 meters no more than 2 mm.
- The humidity of the parquet must be approximately 9±3%.
- Having delivered the parquet, it has to rest approximately 6 days for the taking the humidity parameters of the building.
- The parquet has to fit State Standard, to have good geometrical parameters.
- The buckle should be by no means primed for the good cohesion with the glue.
- The veneer has to be of good quality no more than 10 mm of width, and it doesn’t have to laminate.
- Before the veneering, it has to be cut into 4 parts (sheet 1.5m×1.5m).
- Having veneered, it must be a technological brake for 3 days.
- Before laying the parquet, the veneer must be polished.
- Laying the parquet like “deck” should be performed using the nail fastening.
- Having laid the parquet, it must be a technological brake for 6 days.
- Polishing the parquet must be performed using 3 types of machines (tympanic type, planogrinding and angle). Planogrinding machine removes the stripes and polishes the parquet floor.
- 70% of success depends upon the varnishing the parquet.
- During the work with water lacquers, the humidity in the building must be no less than 50% and no more than 70%, the humidity of the parquet — no more than 12%, the temperature in the building must be no less than 15°C and no more than 24°C.
- The lacquer should be applied with the special trade instruments (rollers, palette-knife).
- It is recommended that lacquer should be applied on the priming. The prime should be of the same trade mark as lacquer is.
- Make a layer polishing of lacquer.
- Before varnishing, the building must be cleaned off dust (vacuum cleaner, wet sponge).
- Lacquer is hardened during 7-6 days.
- Lacquer has to be selected in compliance with its follow-up load.
- Lacquer the floor with no less than 3 layers, for sure 4-5 layers, in order to achieve the smooth surface — 6-7 layers.
- The parquet needs care; you can refresh it with the help of special cleaners for the parquet.
- The parquet is not to be covered with the film and to be pond.